The Technical Service Engineer-Oil & Gas assists the Global Manager of Technical Service- Oil & Gas in providing a liaison between Engineering and all other departments, field management, diversified interests and the customer. This includes delegated responsibility for acting as the facilitator between and for correlation with the sales department, the marketing department, the manufacturing department, and/or the customer regarding the characteristics, uses, capabilities, performance, and acceptability of all corporate products. The Tech Service Engineer- Oil & Gas must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
1. Provide technical assistance to WWG personnel, distributors, and end users through: Engineering Reports, Product Evaluations, Field investigations, Phone Discussions, Seminars, Training.
2. Identify and process information of both WWG and competitor's products accurately and expeditiously.
3. Effectively communicate product requirements to manufacturing and other related areas.
4. Train WWG personnel and others on the use, care, inspection, and application of WWG products.
5. Accurately review, create and provide input for product related literature.
6. Conduct plant tours so that corporate objectives are attained.
7. Participate effectively in industry and trade associations and committees
8. Provide rope service warranty agreements as needed.
9. Provide input and assist in design of WWG products.
Materials and Equipment Directly Used
Calculator, Computer, Calipers and other measuring devices
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Must be able to travel, climb ladders and stairways, lift and carry wire rope samples.
B.S. Petroleum Engineering or equivalent with 2+ years experience